1. To advance, promote and safeguard the interests of the game of golf in Kenya under the Kenya Golf Federation.
2. To uphold and maintain the Rules of Golf and the Rules, Definitions and Interpretations of R&A Rules Limited, whose jurisdiction as the Ruling Authority in Golf is recognised by the Union.
3. To establish, develop, maintain and administer Kenya National Handicap System and Standard Scratch Scores which all affiliated clubs shall use and supervise the administration of the Kenya National Handicap System and control the observance of the fundamental principles and regulations of the system by all affiliated clubs.
4. To co-operate with the Kenya Golf Federation, Sports Kenya, the Sports Academy, the Kenya Ladies Golf Union, and with all such other national or international Unions, associations, societies or other bodies as may represent golf players or affect golf in Kenya or elsewhere.
5. To organise, control and manage, by way of delegation or otherwise, the Kenya Open Golf Championships, and to promote, sponsor, control and administer such other competitions, Tournaments and matches, and to such extent, as the Union shall determine.
6.To maintain and co-ordinate the dates of, and publish an annual calendar of Open and Amateur championships of its affiliated clubs and to arrange, in conjunction with the Kenya Golf Federation, other Unions and Associations, championships and specific matches of national and international character.